This recipe has become one of my go-to staple meals. It is so decadent and flavorful, but without the guilt! I got this recipe from my Eating for Life Cookbook, based on the Body for Life diet by Bill Phillips. It uses lowfat, everyday ingredients and is super easy to put together. This is sure to impress guests as well. It will look like you took a lot of effort, but you can make this dish at the last minute. I serve with crusty french bread.
4 oz. uncooked whole wheat penne pasta (I think I like it better with regular pasta, even though this is healthier) 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
3 Tbsp. Butter Buds, divided
3 Tbsp. White Wine (or chicken stock-which I used)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese & parsley for topping
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. While Pasta is cooking, heat olive oil & garlic in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add Shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently until it’s almost pink, about 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 Tbsp. of Butter Buds & and all the chicken broth to the shrimp, saute about 2 more minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.
5. Drain pasta and add pepper and remaining butter buds & mix gently.
6. Add shrimp to pasta and toss gently.
7. Spoon onto plates and top with squeeze of lemon, parmesan cheese, & parsley.